Returns, refunds, changes & Cancellations - Policy & Information
Items ordered online:
Items ordered Instore:
Cancelling an online order for delivery
If you wish to change or cancel an order before despatch please contact our Customer Services team on 01202 894171 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. It would be helpful if you could have the following details to hand:
- Customer name - Order number - Date of the order
Orders are normally processed immediately so we may have already packaged your order and made arrangements for it to be sent to you. If this is the case then we cannot always stop the order from being sent. Once you receive the order, you will have to return it to us within 28 days of delivery (see our Returns section for further details on our returns policy).
If you wish to cancel the order within 7 days after delivery, we will refund the cost of the item & the cost of delivery but not the cost of returning the item to us.
Online Returns policy & procedure
We are pretty certain that you will be delighted with any product purchased from us but if you wish to return an item to us then we'll try to make it as easy as we can. Any item may be returned for any reason within 30 days of the date of despatch so long as it is unused, undamaged and in original packaging.
Certain items that have been personalised (e.g. number plates, cut keys, tailored car mats, bumper protection) are not available for return unless faulty or damaged. We will advise you. We will refund the price of the item and cost of delivery (excluding any enhanced service you may have requested and provided you are returning the whole order) to the purchaser but the cost of carriage to return the unwanted item to us will be at your cost. Alternatively, return the item to any Motabitz store.
If an item arrives damaged or becomes faulty we will arrange to replace it at our cost (up to 90 days after purchase). After 90 days we may offer to collect the item and arrange for it to be repaired where appropriate (again at our cost).
We will keep you informed about the progress of any replacement products. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Procedure for exchanging or returning an item
If you would like to request a return, please send an email to our customer service team outlining the item you would like to return, your original order number, our stock number and the reason. Please tell us if you would like the product exchanged or refunded.
We will respond as soon as we can giving a returns note authorisation number. Please print this email and enclose it with your item as it will give us all the details we need to process your refund or replacement.
Please package the item securely for transit, using the manufacturer's original packaging if available, and remember to enclose all the individual items that combine to make the product complete including instruction manuals, fixing screws etc.
Once we have received and processed the returned item we will process the refund or despatch the replacement item.
To discuss the return of any item, contact our Customer Services Team on 01202 894171 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Online orders: Refunds/replacements
We'll process your refund within 10 days of us receiving the item/s back in our returns centre
We'll refund the credit or debit card of the person who originally placed and paid for the order If you have requested a replacement we will try to ship this the same day as we receive your returned item but will email you when we dispatch.
If I no longer need an item...
Within 30 days
- Most things you buy are covered by our 30 day no quibble refund policy. All we ask is that you return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt.
- If you don't have your receipt, please return to the store you purchased the item from. You will need an alternative proof of purchase & we can exchange the item or give you a refund with gift vouchers.
- Special order items not held by us in stock are not be covered by our 30 day scheme unless faulty. Your receipt will advise that these items have been specially ordered for you and that should you wish to return them a handling charge will apply or in some circumstances the items are un-returnable.
- Items that are adapted or made specific to you are also un-returnable. These include Number Plates, special order paint service & graphics.
- Items that have been set up for use, registered or fitted are not included in our 28 day scheme unless faulty. These include all technology products (sat nav, in car entertainment etc), batteries, bulbs, wipers.
- Our 30 day no quibble policy does not affect your statutory rights.
What if an item is faulty...
Return to us within 30 days with your proof of purchase, we'll give you a replacement or a refund.
From 31 days up to 1 year, we act in this order: we'll repair the product or, if not possible, give you a replacement or, if that's not possible, a refund.
In the case of items with a guarantee longer than 1 year we will act in the same way as above. In regard to car batteries where it can be difficult to ascertain if the battery or car is at fault. Our policy includes an offer to exchange the battery on one occasion within the first six months of purchase even if we do not consider the battery to be at fault. Whenever items are exchanged under warranty the original date of purchase still applies for calculating any guarantee period.
This does not affect your statutory rights.